Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Hachiko

In May 1994, Japan’s Culture Broadcasting Network played a recording of Hachiko barking which had been made from a broken record repaired with laser surgery. Millions of people tuned in to listen to Hachiko barking, 59 years after his death. Each April, tens of thousands visit the dog’s statue at the Shibuya train station, during a festival in which food offerings are left at the base of the dog’s statue, in hopes that his loyal spirit will visit all humans.

Photobucket

Hachiko is a symbol of loyalty in Japan. He is a dog.

Hidesaburo Ueno was a professor of Agriculture at the University of Tokyo in 1924. Hachiko was his akita and would meet his master every day after work at the Shibuya train station.

Mr. Ueno died at work one day in 1925, but his dog kept a loyal vigil returning to the Shibuya station every day at the appointed hour to wait for his master.

In 1932 one of Ueno's former students published an article about Hachiko's stunning faith in the return of his master and that article became a sensation.

Hachiko's singular devotion to his mission & faithfulness to his master's memory impressed the people of Japan and became a symbol of family loyalty that all should strive to achieve. Teachers and parents used Hachikō's vigil as an example for children to follow.

To this day Hachiko is a symbol of loyalty to the people of Japan. He died in 1935 and his remains have been preserved at The National Science Museum in Tokyo.

Hachiko's story was told on the big screen in a movie starring Richard Gere, who said it brought him to tears. Hachiko's astonishing tale has been told on film before in a brilliant Japanese movie called Hachiko Monogatari that came out in 1987

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone out there, help me Thank Dr UGO! My name is MRS LINDA from Netherlands. I am here to give testimony on how I got my ex husband back, my husband left me for no reason 6 Months. He moved in with another woman, I felt like killing myself, my life became very bitter and sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me about a great spell caster that is very good and she said that he told her all about her life history and the problem she is facing, I didn't believe it because I've worked with so many of them and it didn't work. She begged me further so I decided to try this great spell caster called Great Dr UGO. I still didn't believe, but inside me I wanted to give a try and as God will have it, I used the spell solution he gave me and the next day I received a call from my darling husband Romero last month. He apologized and came back to me. I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr UGO once again, if you want to reach him via email:(dr.ugo.temple@gmail.com) 

    ReplyDelete