Saturday, August 06, 2011

An open letter to friends of GAIN

You have seen them on your way to work, the store, taking your kids to school; they seem to be everywhere. The number of sick, starving, and homeless dogs and cats on Guam is staggering and increases every day as unsterilized pets run the streets. Some are adult animals whose human families no longer want them or cannot care for them. Many get lost and never make it home. Too many kittens and puppies are born because owners did not have their pets spayed or neutered in time. The truth is that there just are not enough homes for them all. The lucky ones get a chance at a permanent home, while the rest become part of a tragic surplus of pets. What happens to this "surplus"? Some are hit by cars, become wounded in fights, and others suffer abuse by uncaring people. They get sick. They starve. Most of them die.

Some of the fortunate animals end up in the shelter, where trained caregivers make every effort to find them new homes. However, the numbers tell a tragic story. There are many more pets in the shelter than there are people able to provide loving homes. Thousands of pets are euthanized every year for one painfully simple, tragic, and preventable reason: no one wants them. This is a heartbreaking waste of life. If you have always wished you could do something to help, now is your chance.


In its first year, GAIN’s sterilization program had over 1,200 animals sterilized with the help of several local veterinary clinics. This program is making great strides but support is needed to ensure the positive effects of these efforts continue for generations to come. As we enter this program’s second year, we are seeking to bring a new level of awareness about responsible pet ownership to the community and further the education of pet care, animal welfare, and sterilization.

So, you may ask, what can I do to help? You can help with the development of a community education and interaction center. This center will permit volunteers to conduct school presentations and allow a place for children to learn about animals. It will also provide an area for our trained volunteers and staff to interact with families and answer questions. We would like to install computers with programs designed to match adoptable animals with potential families and provide interactive educational games.

To ensure this dream becomes a reality, we need your help with this fundraiser to transform an unused building at the shelter into an education center. Make your fundraising page, create or join a team of five, and others will donate or become members underneath you. Prizes will be awarded for the top three teams, top three individuals, and the one that acquires the most new members. The prizes will be given in October at Dogtoberfest, a pet extravaganza celebrating the efforts of the community.

Thank you for taking the time to read this request. The community will greatly appreciate your help with this cause for years to come.

Sincerely,
GAIN Membership Committee

Create your FREE fundraising page here:
**Guam Animals In Need is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowable by law.

3 comments:

  1. It has been simply extremely generous with you to provide openly what exactly many individuals would’ve marketed for an e-book to end up making some cash for their own end, primarily given that you could have tried it in the event you wanted.
    _______________________
    Dog trainers Memphis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone out there, help me Thank Dr UGO! My name is MRS LINDA from Netherlands. I am here to give testimony on how I got my ex husband back, my husband left me for no reason 6 Months. He moved in with another woman, I felt like killing myself, my life became very bitter and sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me about a great spell caster that is very good and she said that he told her all about her life history and the problem she is facing, I didn't believe it because I've worked with so many of them and it didn't work. She begged me further so I decided to try this great spell caster called Great Dr UGO. I still didn't believe, but inside me I wanted to give a try and as God will have it, I used the spell solution he gave me and the next day I received a call from my darling husband Romero last month. He apologized and came back to me. I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr UGO once again, if you want to reach him via email:(dr.ugo.temple@gmail.com) 

    ReplyDelete

  3. I am by name Miss jane ,And i am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-boyfriend that I love so much. I had a boyfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when his friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to him just because he was been jealous of his friend that i was dating and on the scene my boyfriend just walk in and he thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to him that his friend always do this whenever he is not with me and i always refuse him but i never told him because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but he never believed me. he broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make him believe me but he never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. AKHERE and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months. Email him at: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call / whatsapp: +2349057261346

    ReplyDelete