Friday, January 07, 2011

Dog Of The Year: Macon

GAIN’s Pet of the Year contest with over thirty entries was almost a dead heat with Macon nosing out a mischievous long-haired Chihuahua named Tyke by only 134 votes, Macon was declared GAIN’s top dog with a total of 584 votes.

Photobucket

Fostered by Julie and Chad Grady, it didn’t take Macon long to become a permanent member of the Grady household. “Chad had a Dalmatian when he was young, so it was pretty easy to adopt Macon,” Julie stated. “We discovered that Macon was deaf, but with the help of our other dogs, he learned sign language. After being photographed with the Air Force Fire Department crew, Chad is teaching him to ‘stop, drop and roll’. He is also doing school visits as part of GAIN’s education program.”

Macon was rescued after GAIN volunteers found him in a padlocked kennel with no food, water or shade. He was suffering from severe dehydration, sarcoptic mange, grossly complicated by dermatitis, open sores and the obvious pain of extreme starvation.

Photobucket

Macon was only 29 pounds when found, but within just a few short weeks his skin condition improved and he almost doubled his weight. He became the ‘spokesdog’ when GAIN introduced the Macon Petition to update the animal cruelty and neglect laws on Guam. As Dog of the Year, Macon will have a professional photo shoot with Ashleo, a bag of Purina dog food, treats and toys.

2 comments:

  1. I’m gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this webpage on regular basis to obtain updated from most recent news.
    _______________________
    Dog trainers long island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone out there, help me Thank Dr UGO! My name is MRS LINDA from Netherlands. I am here to give testimony on how I got my ex husband back, my husband left me for no reason 6 Months. He moved in with another woman, I felt like killing myself, my life became very bitter and sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me about a great spell caster that is very good and she said that he told her all about her life history and the problem she is facing, I didn't believe it because I've worked with so many of them and it didn't work. She begged me further so I decided to try this great spell caster called Great Dr UGO. I still didn't believe, but inside me I wanted to give a try and as God will have it, I used the spell solution he gave me and the next day I received a call from my darling husband Romero last month. He apologized and came back to me. I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr UGO once again, if you want to reach him via email:(dr.ugo.temple@gmail.com) 

    ReplyDelete